LDE Creative Workshop Official Rules
LDE Creative Workshop Official Rules
Sponsor: Original Media Ventures, LLC, Los Angeles, CA 90026
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
CONTEST IS OFFERED ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
By participating in the Contest, you agree to these Official Rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of Sponsor and Lee Daniels Entertainment, which are final and binding in all respects.
1. Eligibility. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (U.S. territories, including without limitation Puerto Rico, are excluded), who are at least 18 (or the age of majority in the applicable jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older) years of age at the time of entry. The following persons are NOT eligible: employees of Original Media Ventures, Lee Daniels Entertainment, their respective parent and affiliated companies and agencies; other persons/entities in any way associated with the Contest; the immediate families of such employees/persons/entities; professional writers and filmmakers (i.e., members of the Writers Guild of America, Directors Guild of America, Producers Guild of America, or persons who provided staff services for a television series or motion picture). An entrant’s (“Entrant”) participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules.
2. Contest Objective: Provide professional mentorship in the entertainment industry for three (3) creatives from underrepresented backgrounds.
3. How to Enter: Beginning 8/20/2019 at 6:00 a.m. PT, submit a video post or Story on Facebook or Instagram telling Lee Daniels Entertainment and REPRESENT by OMV why you should get the opportunity to come to Hollywood for a once in a lifetime creative workshop. Video must be 15 seconds or less. All submissions must be tagged with @LeeDanielsEntertainment and @REPRESENTbyOMV, and the submitting user account must follow @LeeDanielsEntertainment and @REPRESENTbyOMV on the social media platform the video is posted to. All entries must be received by 8/31/19 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Sponsor’s designated server’s clock will be the official time keeper for the Contest and will be used when determining eligible entrants. Please note that all times are based on the Pacific Time Zone so plan accordingly. All determinations by Sponsor of eligibility shall be final and binding.
By submitting an entry into the Contest, each entrant grants Sponsor and Lee Daniels Entertainment (“Promotion Parties”) a perpetual, non-exclusive license to use his/her submission, and acknowledges and agrees that the Promotion Parties may use, or not use, entrant’s submission, or any part of it, in any manner, in any media, at any time, in their sole discretion, including in a commercial manner and in advertising and promotions, and entrant forever releases and discharges the Promotion Parties from any liability associated with any such usage.
If participating via mobile device, message and data rates may apply.
*Your contact information will only be used for Contest administration and will not be used for any other purpose without your prior written consent.
4. Restrictions on Entry.
a. In General. One (1) Entry per person. Group or team entries will not be accepted. Automated/programmed means of participation are void. If Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that an Entrant has used any kind of automated and/or programmed means of participation, then such Entrant shall be disqualified. Once submitted, your entry cannot be changed or withdrawn. Any acknowledgement of receipt of entry is not binding upon Sponsor. Any dispute as to the identity of an Entrant will be resolved by Sponsor in it sole discretion.
b. Content: Entries must not: (i) violate any third party rights, including without limitation copyright; (ii) be inappropriate, hateful or offensive; (iii) disparage or insult Sponsor, Lee Daniels, Lee Daniels Entertainment or their respective officers/directors; (iv) encourage, glorify or advocate alcohol/drug use, gratuitous violence, dangerous stunts, or illegal conduct of any kind; (v) pitch or include original intellectual property, including without limitation, scripts, concepts/ideas, or original videos; or (vi) depict material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the submission is created.
c. Ownership & Other Rights in Entry: Entrant will not include any original intellectual property and the Sponsor, Lee Daniels, and Lee Daniels Entertainment are not liable should Entrant post to social media their owned materials (including scripts, creative concepts, ideas, and video content) and be exploited by any third party.
d. Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify any submissions that it deems to not meet the above criteria, or due to technical, legal, clearance or other problems, or which it deems to be obscene, pornographic, demeaning or otherwise not in good taste, or otherwise in breach of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. Judging: A judging panel (comprised of Lee Daniels Entertainment executives and Original Media Ventures executives) will review all eligible entries and select three (3) entries to receive the final prize (the “Prize Winner(s)”) based on the following, equally weighted criteria:
a. Creativity and originality of video; and
b. Strength of personal pitch as expression of Entrant’s career passion.
The Prize Winners will be notified between September 9, 2019 and September 13, 2019. No drawings, sweepstakes, raffles or other elements of chance are utilized to determine the Prize Winners. The decisions of Sponsor will be final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
6. Notification: Notification will be effected via direct message or e-mail and Prize Winners must respond within 24 hours of receiving the notification. If a Prize Winner does not respond within the foregoing twenty-four (24) hour window for any reason, he/she/they may be disqualified. Prize Winners must complete, sign, and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and Publicity Release (where lawful) as provided by Sponsor prior to their interview or he/she/they may be disqualified. Should an individual be disqualified, the opportunity to further compete in the Contest will be forfeited and Sponsor and its designees shall not bear liability of any kind. If a Prize Winner is disqualified, an alternate may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. Prize – Sponsor will, working individually with each Prize Winner, provide commercial, economy class air, ground transportation, and hotel accommodations of Sponsor’s choosing in Los Angeles, CA on September 25, 2019 to September 28, 2019, in addition to a $200 stipend for meals. The prize has an estimated retail value of $5,000 USD (the “Prize”). The prize package is available only on the dates indicated above. If a potential prize winner is unable to travel on the specified dates, he/she must forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be selected. No transfer, or cash or other substitution of prizes allowed except that the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component of comparable or greater value.
· The Prize Winners will not receive any compensation for their time, or a guaranteed full-time, part-time, or internship position at Lee Daniels Entertainment or Original Media Ventures.
· The Prize Winners must provide in-person services on location in Los Angeles, California. Contest acceptance may require Prize Winners to take time off from his/her/their current employment or education. DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST IF THIS CONDITION ON AWARD IS INFEASIBLE OR OTHERWISE UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU FOR ANY REASON.
All expenses not specifically set forth herein are the Prize Winner’s sole responsibility, including without limitation the following: hotel room incidentals, mini bar or room service costs, telephone charges, taxes and gratuities, meals not specifically offered herein, and ground transportation not specifically offered herein. If stipend is awarded as a gift card, Sponsor shall determine in its sole discretion the issuer of same and the gift card will be subject to the terms and conditions of use as indicated thereon. All applicable taxes on the Prize, as well as governmental reporting obligations are Prize Winner’s sole responsibility. Winners will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. Sponsor is providing the experience for no one other than the Prize Winner, and the Prize Winner may not be accompanied by family members, friends, spouses, or any other third party. All entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes. Eligibility, age, and claims made by prize winners also are subject to verification prior to awarding of prizes.
8. Where legal, by participating, Entrant agrees to the use of his/her/their name, likeness, photo, and other indicia of his/her/their persona for advertising/publicity/trade purposes by Sponsor and its designees without compensation or notice. By participating, Entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless Original Media Ventures, Inc.; Lee Daniels; Lee Daniels Entertainment; and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries or agencies; the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations; as well as Facebook, Inc./Instagram and Twitter, Inc. from any and all liability arising from his/her/their participation in the Contest, Contest-related activities, and/or his/her/their acceptance, possession, receipt of use/misuse of the Prize, if applicable (including any travel or activity related thereto). The preceding expressly includes, but is not limited to, the alleged or actual violation of third party rights in conjunction with one’s Entry. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
9. Limits of Liability.
a. Sponsor and its designees assume no responsibility for (i) late, incomplete, garbled, inaccessible/blocked, corrupted, misdirected, or delayed entries regardless of cause (all of which are void); (ii) any incomplete or inaccurate information on any website or else, regardless of cause; (iii) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of any web site, entry/or participation; (iv) any other technological, programming, electric or like malfunction, failure or error of any kind, whether caused by Sponsor, a force majeure event or otherwise. Entrant bears sole responsibility for submission of his/her/their Entry, as applicable. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ITS DESIGNEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL ENTRANTS.
b. If Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the Contest cannot be conducted as originally planned due to any cause beyond its control, Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. In such event, Sponsor will conduct the Contest and select the Prize Winners (to the extent practicable) in a manner that Sponsor determines in its sole discretion is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted at weareomv.com.
c. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, it shall be replaced by a substitute provision that most closely approximates the original intent of Sponsor and is valid, legal, and enforceable. The invalidity/illegality/unenforceability of a given provision shall not affect the remainder of these Official Rules.
d. Proof of submitting an Entry does not constitute proof of Sponsor’s receipt of same. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE, UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST OR SEEK TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES IN ANY MANNER IS A VIOLATION OF LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AS WELL AS DISQUALIFYING SUCH PERSON FROM THE CONTEST (IF APPLICABLE).
10. Dispute Resolution / Choice of Law: To the fullest extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes regarding the Contest or these Official Rules shall be governed by California State Law without regard to choice of law/conflict of law rules; you are subject to personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts in Los Angeles, California; you waive any right of change of venue, inconvenient forum or the like; any action will be brought by you individually (NOT as part of a class action); your recovery in such action is limited to actual costs involved in participating in the Contest (if any), with all rights to attorneys’ fees and any and all damages or other relief being expressly waived.
11. Winners’ List: For the names and city/state of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope after the contest end date to Lee Daniels Entertainment Creative Workshop Contest Winners at 6565 Sunset Blvd, Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90028. Residents of Vermont with a return address in Vermont may omit the return postage on their Official Rules request.